Quickly create multiple versions of graphics by linking the text information to a CSV file.
This sample file contains Adobe Stock assets you can use to practice what you learn in this tutorial. If you want to use the sample file beyond this tutorial, you can purchase licenses on Adobe Stock. Check out the ReadMe file in the folder for the terms that apply to your use of this sample file.
What you learned: How to drive multiple versions of a graphic through linking the text layers to a CSV file
Add a CSV to an After Effects composition
- Open the CSV file and make sure the columns are named.
- Import the CSV file into After Effects just like any other footage.
- Drag and drop the CSV into the composition where you’d like to use that information.
- Use the Property Link Pick Whip to link the Source text of a layer to any field from the CSV.
- Repeat linking the source text to the various fields of the CSV as needed to finish customizing the text in the animated graphics.
Tip: Once text layers are linked to a CSV, you can relink to an updated CSV to quickly update all of the text as needed.