When authoring a mobile page, the page is displayed in a way that emulates the mobile device. When authoring the page, you can switch between several emulators to see what the end-user sees when accessing the page.
Devices are grouped into the categories feature, smart, and touch according to the capabilities of the devices to render a page. When the end-user accesses a mobile page, AEM detects the device and sends the representation that corresponds to its device group.
Use the following procedure to author a mobile page:
- In your browser, go to the Siteadmin console.
- Open the Products page below Websites >> Geometrixx Mobile Demo Site >> English.
- Switch to a different emulator. To do so, you can either:
- Click the device icon at the top of the page.
- Click the Edit button in the Sidekick and select the device in the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop the Text & Image component from the Mobile tab of the Sidekick to the page.
- Edit the component and add some text. Click OK to save the changes.
The page looks the same as the following:
The emulators are disabled when a page on the author instance is requested from a mobile device. Authoring can then be done by using the touch library.