Promote your business, product, or event using the digital design tools in Adobe InDesign. Create digital marketing content like Social media kits, Instagram story content, Digital ads, and Digital flyers.
Let’s get started with a look at essential features and workflows.
To lay the right foundation for your social layouts or ads, use the appropriate settings for digital content.
- Explore Adobe Stock templates or start from scratch using one of the many preset sizes available when creating a new document.
- When working from scratch, choose the Web or Mobile category in the New Document dialog to set the color mode to RGB (red, green, and blue) for onscreen viewing. For Units, choose Pixels.
To ensure correct spacing and align content to a grid, set up columns and margins in the Properties panel. For extra alignment help, drag page guides wherever you need them from the onscreen rulers.
To accommodate multiple versions and different social layouts, InDesign has features to make your life easier.
- Save visual identity elements like colors, text formatting, and graphics to Creative Cloud Libraries in the CC Libraries panel. Organize and access them from all your Adobe desktop and mobile apps. And share your library with your team so everyone is up to date with the latest assets.
- Use master pages in the Pages panel to add consistent elements like headlines, page numbers, and logos. A master page is like a document template — any object placed on one automatically appears on pages based on that master page.
- Create different master pages as starting points for different content or versions.
Create the versions you need
- Need to resize or adjust pages in your document? Maybe you want to create versions of a social layout for different platforms. The Adjust Layout feature adjusts page elements to fit new dimensions while preserving your design. And InDesign supports multiple page sizes within the same document, so you can keep everything in one file.
- When you need to create different designs for the horizontal and vertical layouts of a device, Create Alternate Layout has you covered.
Share with the world
Now that you’ve tailored your designs to various platforms, it’s important to export them in the right formats. Let’s take a look at the different options:
- PDF: Create a multipage PDF file or individual PDF files for review.
- Publish Online: Publish any InDesign document online and share it on social networks, via email, or as a standalone URL.
- File > Export: Select PNG or JPEG to output individual images of the various designs you’ve created.
These features and workflows are a great starting point for creating digital marketing and ads that grab attention and promote your brand.