Browse, preview, and import media files with the Media Browser panel.
What is the Media Browser?
The Media Browser is a panel in which you can browse, preview, and import various media types.
Locate your media files
- Use the folder navigator to select a folder containing media, and preview the media that you want to import. At the top of the Media Browser panel, use the filename search, and file types drop-down menu to filter the view and reduce the number of files to browse through.
Add Media Browser favorites
- Right-click a folder you expect to visit often and choose Add to Favorites to create a shortcut for quick access in the future.
Preview the media files
- To preview media files in the Media Browser panel, choose Thumbnail View to see thumbnails of currently viewed media files.
- Double-click a file to preview it in the Source monitor, or move the mouse cursor over a thumbnail to see the contents displayed in the thumbnail.
Types of media you can import with the Media Browser
The Media Browser panel should be your first-choice import method for all types of media, especially if you’re working with fragmented media file types.
- To import selected clips into your current project, right-click on them and choose Import.
Tip: If in doubt, import with the Media Browser panel.
Original Media: “The Ancestor Simulation,” directed by Maxim Jago
Presenter: Maxim Jago