1. Setup your Charles recording settings to only capture m3u8, using the method suggested in this screenshot:
2. On an Apple TV, start playback on the app(for which you need to debug) and capture in Charles (requires setting up Apple TV with Apple TV Configurator in advance) – make sure of that beforehand.
3. Grab the SSAI bootstrap or master playlist URL –http://manifest.auditude.com - Take the encoded m3u8 URL (highlighted in blue)
4. base64 decode the stream URL (using https://www.base64decode.org/) to get the original stream URL or use the terminal command
5. In Charles, turn on macOS or Windows proxy
6. Open Safari or Edge browser, enter the base64-decoded URL. Let the video play long enough for a couple of manifests from this master playlist to appear in Charles. They will look like the highlighted lines in this screenshot
7. Once you have this captured from the Safari or Edge browser, you can exit that browser. It is recommended tp capture this stream in a new session.
8. In Charles, select the corresponding original media playlist (same one that you're requesting for SSAI)
9.Right-click in Charles -> Repeat Advanced
10. In the setup window, the repeat interval is in MILLISECONDS (e.g. so please use 6000 for 6 seconds - or as you like) for repetitions, you can put 1000. Keeping the “Show results in new Session” box checked ON – which will create a separate tab that will call for an original manifest every 6 seconds, and will create a capture of the original.
11. Final Step - Turn off macOS/ Windows proxy.