Click the Add New Group icon . The Add Group section is displayed.
The Groups section shows you a list of groups and their associated print costs. You can add a new group, remove an existing group, and edit the print costs for a group.
There are two basic purposes for creating a group:
- Reporting: Here the group is created only for reporting purpose. No cost is assigned to the group level. It means that all the print jobs within this group are picking different costs for different printers (based on the printer where printing is done). Refer to the Dashboard > Printers page for what cost is assigned to which printer.
- Cost: Once some cost is provided at a group level. It ignores all the cost within the system and simply assigns the cost provided at group level to all the print jobs within this group. This cost can be of two types - MPS/Self-managed.
As LeanPrint allows you to have different costs for different groups, you can download installer for all groups or for a selected group and also download the installer batch file.
Whenever you add a group, you must download the LeanPrint installer and the installer batch file to deploy the LeanPrint client for the group. Once you deploy the client, the client starts sending print data for the groups and you can see print costs and usage reports for the group on the Dashboard.
Add a group
Specify the following details:
- In the Group Name box, enter a name for the group.
- In the Group Type option, if you are adding this group only for tracking reports, select Reporting and go to next step.
If you want to specify group level printing costs for this group, select Cost option.
In the Type of Cost option, select the Self-managed option if you manage your printers internally. If your printers are managed by an MPS partner, select the MPS option. The Cost fields changed accordingly. Change the default displayed values in the fields if required.
In the Group Settings option, select Inherit if you want use the organizational default settings for this group (Settings > User Experience page displays the default settings).
Select Custom if you want to change the default settings. Once you select this option, you see the default settings. Change the options for the settings as appropriate.
Simply adding a group here does not enable reporting for the group. The client application must be pushed to the computers used by the members of the group. You’ll have to download and install the client application on the machines which belong to this group. See Download build and installer files section.
Edit a group
Making changes to the cost settings of a group will impact the overall cost/savings for your organization, and the corresponding reports.
Note: You have to redeploy the existing clients with edited settings. The edited settings will reflect on the existing LeanPrint clients as and when they contact the Dashboard server.
Click anywhere in the row that represents the group you want to edit.
Click the Edit Selected Group icon . The Edit Group section is displayed.
In the Group Type option, if you switch from Cost to Reporting or vice-versa, the associated fields are displayed accordingly. If you select the Cost option, do the following:
- In the Type of Cost option, select the Self-managed option if you manage your print jobs internally. If your print jobs are managed through an MPS partner, select the MPS option. The Cost fields changed accordingly.
- Change the default displayed values in the fields if required.
In the Group Settings option, if you switch from Inherit to Custom, choose the appropriate option for each settings displayed.
Remove a group
Click anywhere in the row that represents the group you want to remove.
Click the Delete Selected Group icon . The system prompts you to confirm deletion.
You cannot delete a group having print data.
Download build and installer files
When you add a new group, you must download the installer and the batch file and deploy the LeanPrint client on the machines which belong to the group.
Click anywhere in the row that represents the group for which you want to download the files.
Click the Download Installer button in the Groups bar. Save the file on your machine.
Click the Download Batch File button in the Groups bar. Save the file on your machine.
Copy these files in a single folder and then copy the folder on the machines on which you want to deploy the LeanPrint client.