In the Auto Import settings, you can now use the Add To Collection option to directly pull photos from a watched folder into a specified Collection.
The Auto Import feature monitors a watched folder for photos and automatically imports them into the Collection you've set as the destination. After you set up a watched folder and specify a destination Collection in the auto-import settings, you can simply drag photos into the watched folder. Lightroom Classic automatically imports those photos in the specified Collection, allowing you to bypass the import window.
To add photos from a watched folder to a Collection, do the following:
- Go to File > Auto Import > Auto Import Settings.
- In the Auto Import Settings dialog box, set up a watched folder and select the Enable Auto Import option.
- In the Destination area of the dialog box, select the Add to Collection check box. Lightroom Classic now displays a list of all your Collections.
- Select any Collection as your destination for auto-import.
- Optionally, you can also click Create Collection to create a new collection and select it as the destination for import.
- Click OK.