Tethered camera support | Lightroom Classic
The current versions of Lightroom Classic and Lightroom 6 support tethered capture for the cameras listed in this document on currently supported operating systems.
To search for a camera model, press Ctrl+F (Windows) or Command+F (macOS). Or filter the list by camera manufacturer:
|Camera model||Minimum Lightroom Classic version required|
|EOS 1D Mark II||3.0|
|EOS 1D Mark III||3.0|
|EOS 1Ds Mark II||3.0
|EOS 1Ds Mark III||3.0|
|EOS 1D Mark IV||3.0|
|EOS 1DX Mark II||6.6|
|EOS 1DX Mark III||9.3|
|EOS 5D Mark II||3.0|
|EOS 5D Mark III *||4.2|
|EOS 5D Mark IV *||6.8|
|EOS 100D (Rebel SL1/EOS Kiss X7)||5.2|
|EOS 350D (Rebel XT/EOS Kiss Digital N)||3.0|
|EOS 400D (Rebel XTi/EOS Kiss Digital X)||3.0
|EOS 450D (Rebel XSi/EOS Kiss X2)||3.0|
|EOS 500D (Rebel T1i/EOS Kiss X3 Digital)||3.0|
|EOS 550D (Digital Rebel T2i/EOS Kiss X4 Digital)||3.4|
|EOS 600D (Rebel T3i/EOS Kiss X5)||4.2|
|EOS 650D (Rebel T4i/EOS Kiss X6i)||5.3|
|EOS 700D (Rebel T5i/EOS Kiss X7i)||5.2|
|EOS 760D (Rebel T6s)||6.3|
|EOS 750D (Rebel T6i)||6.3|
|EOS 1000D (Rebel XS/EOS Kiss F)||3.0|
|EOS 1100D (Rebel T3/EOS Kiss X50)||4.2|
|EOS 1300D (Rebel T6, Kiss X80)||6.6|
|EOS 2000D (Rebel T7)||8.0|
|EOS Rebel T5||5.5|
|EOS 1D X *||4.2|
|EOS 5DS R||6.3|
|EOS 6D Mark II||7.0|
|EOS 7D Mark II||6.0|
|EOS 60D *||3.4|
|EOS Kiss X 10i||10.2|
Notes on Canon cameras
* For the 60D, 5D Mark III, and 1D X, a card must be in the camera for tethering to work properly.
** Using the 50D in Windows, images can fail to import if the CompactFlash® card is inserted or removed during the session.
||Minimum Lightroom version required.|
13.0 (Firmware 4.0)
Notes on Nikon cameras
For all Nikon cameras:
- Tethering with the following models may be unreliable on Mac OS when burst shooting: D300, D300S, D700, D3, D3S, D3X, D90, D5000, D7000, D5100, D7200
- If you trigger the shutter with the tether bar capture button, the image must finish downloading before another photo can be captured. Triggering a capture with the shutter release button on the camera does not have this limitation.
- Images do not save to the compact flash card. They are downloaded only to the computer.
- If you're using Lightroom Classic version 8.1 or earlier, only one Nikon camera can be attached at a time for tether. In Lightroom Classic version 8.2 (February 2019 release), support for tethering multiple Nikon cameras has been provided.
For all other camera models that are not listed in this page, contact the camera manufacturer to get information about tethering support in Lightroom Classic.
Live View support - Canon cameras
The following Canon camera models support Live View in Lightroom Classic:
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
- Canon EOS 6D
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- Canon EOS 7D
- Canon EOS 80D
- Canon EOS 5DS
- Canon EOS R3
- Canon EOS R5
- Canon EOS R6
Note: Live view for Canon 5D M2 works only with the Still Only mode.