Lightroom crashes when you choose Edit > Preferences.
You may encounter this issue if your My Pictures folder is pointing to a folder that does not exist or has been moved.
Try one or more of the following solutions to troubleshoot this issue.
Update Lightroom CC by choosing Help > Updates, or by clicking Update next to Lightroom CC in the Creative Cloud desktop application. See Keeping Lightroom up to date for details.
To move My Pictures to a different location:
- Navigate to C:\Users\[your user name].
- Right-click the My Pictures folder and choose Properties.
- Click the Location tab, and then click Move.
- Browse to the location where you want to redirect this folder. Click the folder where you want to store the files, click Select Folder, and then click OK.
- Click Yes to confirm the move of all the files to the new location.
For more details, see Microsoft's article Redirect a folder to a new location.