How to restrict permissions to folders in the Resource tab in LiveCycle Workbench ES.
This is done by providing the appropriate ACL's for users/groups via the "Resources" tab in Workbench.
THE FOLLOWING STEPS ILLUSTRATE ONE WAY THAT ACL'S CAN BE EFFECTIVELY APPLIED TO RESTRICT ACCESS TO SPECIFIC RESOURCE FOLDERS:
- Create a New Group in LC Admin - Group A | Assign the SERVICE USER role | Add User 1 to this group.
- Create a New Group in LC Admin - Group B | Assign the SERVICE USER role | Add User 2 to this group.
- Create a New Group in LC Admin - ResourcesUsers | Add "Group A" and "Group B" to this group.
- Right click on the root folder in the Resource view and select Access Control, add the ResourcesUser group and grant only TRAVERSE permissions. Note: Setting ACL's via Workbench does not override resource permissions applied to specific users/groups via User Management.
- Select folder X | open the Access Control, add Group A and grant READ, TRAVERSE and WRITE permissions.
- Select folder Y | open the Access Control, add Group B and grant READ, TRAVERSE and WRITE permissions.
- Both User 1 and User 2 will have traverse access to folder X and folder Y.
- User 1 will have READ and WRITE access to folder X but not to folder Y.
- User 2 will have READ and WRITE access to folder Y but not to folder X.
Note: To prevent a specific group or user from even seeing a specific folder in the Resource view, remove the TRAVERSE permission to the specific folder (not the root folder).
Delegate: User can assign permissions to the folder to other users.
Read: User can open the resources in the folder. To view resources, Traverse is also required.
Traverse: User can view the folder's contents and can navigate through the folder to lower-level folders. To open resources, Read is also required. This permission is used when a user needs Read or Write permissions in a lower-level folder but not necessarily to the resources in intermediary folders.
Write: User can modify and save the resources in the folder.