In August 2011, the product line for Adobe® LiveCycle® Enterprise Suite was rebranded to Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform (ADEP) 10.0. Adobe has returned to the LiveCycle brand with Adobe LiveCycle ES3 (10.0.2). LiveCycle ES3 is now available for download from the Adobe Licensing Website (LWS) for all customers with current maintenance and support.
In addition to returning to the LiveCycle brand, LiveCycle ES3 includes:
- Document Services capabilities available with ADEP 10.0 and the ADEP Document Services 10.0 service pack 1 (10.0.1) released in December 2011
- Adobe LiveCycle Data Services 4.6.1, a LiveCycle-branded ADEP Data Services 4.6
- Updates to Adobe LiveCycle Connectors for Microsoft® SharePoint® and IBM® FileNet
- CRX (Content Repository Extreme) is now part of LiveCycle Foundation
- Quick fixes for customer-reported issues
Note: ADEP and LiveCycle ES3 essentially offer the same functionality and there is no technical upgrade path from ADEP to LiveCycle ES3. Similarly, there is no technical upgrade path from ADEP Data Services 4.6 to LiveCycle Data Services 4.6.1. Adobe plans to offer a technical upgrade path from ADEP 10.0 and ADEP Data Services 4.6 in future releases of LiveCycle and Data Services.
If you have already deployed ADEP 10.0 Document Services or ADEP Data Services 4.6, Adobe recommends that you take no action in response to this release. If this deployment is new, or you are upgrading from earlier LiveCycle or Data Services versions, use the LiveCycle ES3 (10.0.2) media. Do not use the ADEP-branded media that may also be available in your LWS account.
For more information about LiveCycle ES3, see http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle, or contact your Adobe representative or reseller.
Keep yourself updated about LiveCycle ES with Adobe Enterprise Blog at http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/.