ADEP | Data Capture | Quick Fix 1018-001
Posted on Sep 4, 2014
This QF may not be the latest ADEP Data Capture QF for Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform (10.0). For a complete and latest list of ADEP (10.0) QFs, see ADEP Quick Fixes.
Contact Support for more information or to obtain the QF.
Issues fixed in the QF
- Form submission in Workspace fails when using Flash Player 188.8.131.52. (Ref #3802421)
Prerequisites to installing the QF
- ADEP (10.0)
- ADEP Core QF# 1015-015
Important: ADEP QFs are cumulative, which means they include issues fixed in previous QFs. Therefore, before installing this QF, it is recommended to go through all the previous QFs for ADEP Data Capture QFs. It will help you determine if there are any additional steps to be performed for an issue fixed in a previous QF. Additional steps and prerequisites are documented in the Prerequisites and comments section.
Installing and configuring the QF
- Take a backup of the <DocumentServices_root>/deploy folder. It is required if you decide to uninstall the quick fix.
- Stop your application server.
- Extract the QF archive file to your hard drive.
- In the directory named according to the operating system that you are using:
Navigate to the appropriate directory on the installation media or folder on your hard disk where you copied the installer, and double-click the install.exe file.
- (Windows 32-bit) Disk1\InstData\Windows\VM
- (Windows 64-bit) Disk1\InstData\Windows_64bit\VM
- Linux, Solaris, AIX
Navigate to the appropriate directory, and from a command prompt, type ./install.bin.
- (Linux) Disk1/InstData/Linux/NoVM
- (Solaris) Disk1/InstData/Solaris/NoVM
This launches an install wizard that guides you through the installation.
- On the Introduction panel, click Next.
- On the Choose Install Folder screen, verify that the default location displayed is correct for your existing installation, or click Browse to select the alternate folder where ADEP is currently installed, and click Next.
- Read the Quick Fix Patch Summary information and click Next.
- Read the Pre-Installation Summary information and click Install.
- When the installation is complete, click Next to apply the quick fix updates to your installed files.
- The Start Configuration Manager checkbox is selected by default. Click Done to run the Configuration Manager.
To run Configuration Manager later, deselect the Start Configuration Manager option before you click Done. You can start Configuration Manager later using the appropriate script in the [DocumentServices_root]/configurationManager/bin directory.
- Depending on your application server, choose one of the following documents and follow the instructions in the Configuring and deploying Document Services section.
Changes in the behaviour of Guides after installing the QF
For Flash WIN 184.108.40.206, MAC 13.0,0.214, and LNX 220.127.116.116 and later versions:
- Guides will send data XML as url encoded parameters in POST request. However, the dataxml parameter will contain the XML.
To verify whether the data XMLl is present as stream or url parameter, check the URL parameter noHeaders. If the value is true, the data is passed as a request parameter; else, as stream.
- While Previewing the Guide and submitting the page, the content type will be shown as application/x-www-url-encoded instead of text or xml.
Impacted ADEP Document Services modules
- Data Capture