- New Adobe DTM integration to simplify Asset Insights deployment and management on web pages
- Enhanced Adobe Analytics integration with new Reserved Vars for Asset Insights
- Enhanced Asset Insights capability with optimizations to reduce Adobe Analytics server calls
For more information, see Asset Insights documentation.
- Seamlessly author and manage print assets such as brochures, flyers, ads etc
- Quickly create and manage variations in a WYSIWYG authoring interface for different departments, customer segments and reduce time to market
- Export output to different formats; INDD, PDF
- Easily organize and manage templates and variations in dedicated workspace
- Easily tag and search
For more information, see Asset Templates documentation.
- New User Groups capability to group users and bring efficiency to bulk operations
- Enhanced User Roles with additional roles providing better control
- Enhanced pubish functionality with large gigabyte file publish
- Non ASCII support in Link share
- Critical security fixes
For more information, see Brand Portal documentation.
- Enhanced Catalogs capability with support for InDesign Snippets
- New Path browser with search capabilities in the product picker
- User experience improvements
For more information, see Catalog Producer.
- New calendar view to monitor tasks
- New, enhanced task inbox capability to preview assigned tasks, act quickly with one click actions
- New workflow progress visualization to easily monitor ongoing workflows
- New asset check in and check out capability in web UI for improved collaboration.Consistent with desktop check in & check out
- Enhanced Annotations capability with support for different colored annotations and offline reviews
- Enhanced Review task with comparison view, annotation and commenting support
- New Upload folder functionality to upload large hierarchical folders
- Consistent check-in/check-out across desktop and Web UI
- Local caching to optimize write and read operations
- Optimized protocols: native AEM HTTP protocol used to communicate with AEM
- Stability and usability improvements
These improvements were released in Desktop App v 1.4 - for more information, see AEM Desktop App release notes.
- New 3D file format support. Repurpose 3D assets to accelerate time to market and save on production costs. Upload, manage, view, and render 3D content created from Creative Cloud or many popular 3D applications. Easily rotate, zoom, change colors, textures, backgrounds (stages) and lighting on 3D objects to create a new set of images from an infinite number of camera angles to use in digital marketing campaigns.
- New Adobe Imaging library with wider image formats handling, performance improvements
- New Adobe PDF library with wider, improved support for PDF and Illustrator files
- New IPTC and IPTC Extension tabs to better support photography workflows, creative & marketer collaboration. Improved metadata interoperability between Adobe Creative Cloud apps and AEM.
- New Creative Rating support
- Enhanced bulk metadata editing with Form configuration to choose relevant form
- New Asset Source translation capability to relate and translate source files
- New capability to translate linked assets within InDesign file
- New capability to translatie associated assets in Content fragments
- Enhanced Translation Update workflow to automatically detect if an asset requires re translation
For more information, see Multilingual Assets.
- New Related Assets capability to manually relate assets with similar traits or belonging to same campaign or project
- View relationships on asset properties page. Use links to navigate to related assets
- Un-relate capability to later break association if need ceases to exist
For more information, see Related Assets.
- Enhanced support for large asset repositories
- Enhanced support for large files
- Performance improvements across ingestion, browse, search and download
- New search boost capability to improve search relevance of assets, improve discover ability and reduce time to market
- New multi value search capability to help discover assets faster
- Enhanced Tag predicate with AND operator
Smart Tags innovation, an industry first, leverages deep-learning technology to tag images automatically with useful metadata, allowing easy image discovery by marketers. The technology can automatically tag images with keywords based on photo type (macro, portrait, etc.), popular activities (running, skying, hiking), certain emotions (smiling, crying), popular objects (car, road, people), animals, popular locations, primary colors, and more.
- New machine learning based Smart Tags capability to automatically tag images, improve discover ability and reduce time to market
- New Smart Tags moderation capability to further improve Smart Tags and search results by promoting relevant Smart Tags and deleting irrelevant ones
- New server side sorting capability in list view for improved browse,search experience with large number of assets
- New asset upload experience with upload indicator to provide user feedback on upload progress
- Enhanced upload experience with serialized upload
- Enhanced support for files with long file names
- Enhanced browsing experience with new folders, files appearing on top by default
- Enhanced search experience with default search path being current folder
- Enhanced asset timeline with ability to sort events
AEM Assets 6.3 is the most performant and scalable release of AEM. Improvements for 6.3 include:
- Improved Assets Ingestion
- Improved Asset Upload
- Increased Assets repository support up to 400tb.
In addtion 6.3 includes new documentation to guide implementation of AEM with best practices. These Assets Best Practices documents include:
- Ingested assets will retain their color space (RGB, CMYK, Gray) and embedded color profile. Dynamic image renditions can be generated to deliver color corrected images which represent the color as consistently as possible among different channels such as print vs. digital experiences. See Color Management.
- Dynamic Media replication agent has been simplified to consolidate required settings into single tab, remove inapplicable settings, and auto-populate server settings based on geo selection. Changes to keystore management UI for clarity of configuration. See Configuring Dynamic Media.
- Dynamic Media and Interactive Media Sites components converted to Sightly and full Touch UI dialog. Support for entering free form viewer modifiers to append caption files, navigation for video, etc.
- Choose from multiple different thumbnails auto-generated from the video or upload an image to use as the video thumbnail before playback begins. See About Video Thumbnails.
- Image renditions used as thumbnails throughout AEM UI, are also now generated by Dynamic Media reducing overall asset processing load.
- Sites using HTTPS can securely stream video without any browser conflicts. See Using the HTML5 Video Viewer.
- HTTP/2 is the updated web protocol that improves the way browsers and servers communicate, allowing for faster transfer of information while reducing the amount of processing power needed. Delivery of Dynamic Media assets can be over HTTP/2 which provides better response and load times. See Http2.
- Set the overall memory limit on image processing in order to not use more memory than is available on the server. See Configuring dynamic media.
Usability enhancements make it easier to create sets:
- Asset selector provides multiple ways to find assets to include in a set - browse, conduct search query and select assets from different folders
- Images are automatically sorted according to filename when added to the set, with ability to change sort in ascending/descending order
- Instant preview of set in viewer with ability to switch different viewer styles
- Undo/redo function
- Improve efficiency of editing interactive video with ability to combine multiple video segments into 1 larger segment, or split 1 segment into multiple smaller segments to add interactivity. See Adding interactivity to your video.
- Video on desktop is streamed using HLS (Apple's HTTP Live Streaming video delivery protocol) which provides the benefits of adaptive streaming but does not rely on the Flash plug-in for rendering video. See Best Practice: Using the HTML5 Viewer.
- Real-time progress status for video encoding and Youtube publishing from all Asset views as well as from workflow admin. Process failures are provided from all Asset views as well as workflow admin, with detailed error messages. Optional email notifications can be sent when processes are completed or failed. See monitoring video encoding and YouTube publishing process.
- All viewers now support devices with both mouse and touch input for interacting with rich media (IE11/Edge)
- Useful tool tips help explain viewer settings and parameters
- Intuitive click/tap to select visual elements directly on the viewer
- Advanced developer mode to import existing CSS or use CSS editor for technical configuration
- Use high pixel density button artwork for retina displays
- Out-of-box gallery of hotspot buttons minimizes need to develop custom artwork