Common package manager issues | AEM 6.x
This article provides solutions to some common issues that occur with the AEM package manager.
Issue - OSGi bundles and configurations not applied.
OSGi bundles and configurations contained in the packages are not getting installed or applied during package installation.
Use CRXDe and remove all nodes under the /system/sling/installer/jcr/pauseInstallation directory.
Issue - ConstraintViolationException
ConstraintViolationException is thrown during package installation:
org.apache.jackrabbit.vault.packaging.PackageException: javax.jcr.nodetype.ConstraintViolationException: OakConstraint0001/etc/cloudsettings/default/contexthub[[nt:folder]]
Review the path described in the error.log and either:
1. remove the node at the path to allow the package to replace it.
2. or fix the node's primary type so it matches what is contained in the package.
Issue - Packages are not visible in Package Manager.
Packages are not visible in Package Manager.
1. Navigate to http://hostname.domain:port/crx/packmgr/list.jsp
2. Find any packages with special character(s) contained in the file name.
3. Use CRXDe to delete the package from the /etc/packages directory.
Issue - Asset package triggers workflows.
Uploading an asset package causes workflows to trigger (high number of workflows).
2. Upload the asset package and ensure it has completely imported.
3. Activate the Workflow Launcher component to allow workflows to trigger normally. * This is the product working as designed. The solution is intended for cases where the DAM Update Asset workflow should not be triggered. For example, when the assets exist, but are missing some properties.