The goal of this module is to understand:
- Types of Facebook ads (with a focus on marketplace ads)
- Types of Marketplace ads
- Placement of Marketplace ads
- Details of Standard ads
- Details of Facebook Object ads
- Details of Page Post ads
- Details of Sponsored Stories ads
Definition of ads:
Ads are paid messages coming from businesses. They are the voice of the marketer. They can include social context about friends.
Voice of Business: These are ads created and targeted by the advertiser.
Voice of Friend: These are ads that are leveraging the virality of a social network. For example, ads can be shown to the fans of a business.
- Landing page/destination
- Tracking/ad unit accountability
- Fan-base size
- Ability to produce creative assets
- Ability to post frequently
- Page post text ad
- Page post photo ad
- Page post video ad
- Page post link ad
- Question ad (page post)
- Offer ad (page post)
- Page like
- Page post like
- Page post comment
- Page post share
- Offer claim
- Game played
- App shared
- Open graph sponsored story
Definition of sponsored stories:
Sponsored stories are messages coming from friends about them engaging with a business. Businesses can pay to promote these stories so there's a better chance people see them.