We.Retail is a reference implementation that illustrates the recommended way of setting up an online presence with Adobe Experience Manager.
While it illustrates a retail vertical, the way the site is setup can be applied to any vertical, and only the product catalog and cart features are retail specific.
The reference implementation is currently still under development and is far from finished: many capabilities aren't illustrated yet in that reference, and others might need to be reworked.
However, it offers the opportunity to experience and evaluate new and emerging recommendations.
We.Retail should not be installed on production instances!
If you didn't start Adobe Experience Manager yourself, for e.g. by double-clicking the JAR file, then it is likely that you don't want to install We.Retail.
For example, following page can be opened and it should look as displayed in the appendix below:
http://<server name>:<port number>http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/we-retail/language-masters/en.html
- Localized site structure, with language masters which are live-copied into country-specific sites
- Content fragments for the Experience section
- Responsive layout for all pages
- Editable templates for all templates
- HTML Template Language for all components
- eCommerce capabilities with product catalog
- Communities sites for site visitors
If you encounter issues, please file GitHub issues.
Also feel free to fork, or to contribute with pull requests.