Resize an image for social media by cropping.
This sample file is an Adobe Stock asset you can use to practice what you learn in this tutorial. If you want to use the sample file beyond this tutorial, you can purchase a license on Adobe Stock. Check out the ReadMe file in the folder for the terms that apply to your use of this sample file.
What you learned: How to change the size of an image to use as YouTube channel art
Set crop options to a specific size
- Select the Crop tool in the Toolbar.
- Open the Aspect Ratio drop-down menu in the Options bar and choose WxHxResolution.
- Enter the desired width and height values in pixels in the Options bar. Remember to enter “px” after both the width and height values.
Fine-tune the crop
- To move the image inside the crop boundary, click the image and drag.
- To change the crop boundary, click any boundary edge or corner and drag.
Finalize the crop and save
- Click the checkmark icon in the Options bar, or press Enter or Return, to commit the crop.
- Save in a web-friendly format, like JPEG or PNG.
If you followed any of the tutorials we recommended in the Tutorial Finder, please take a minute to share some feedback so that we can improve experiences like this in the future.