The author environment of AEM provides various mechanisms for searching for content, dependent on the resource type.
With the search rail you can:
- Search for a specific keyword, path or tag.
- Filter according to resource specific criteria, such as modified dates, page status, file size, etc.
- Define and use a saved search - based on the above criteria.
Search can also be invoked by using the hotkey / (forward slash) whenever the search rail is visible.
If you want to drill down further, select the Rail symbol (top left) to open the side panel Filters & Options.
The side panel allows you to select:
- Saved Searches
- Search Directory
- Search Criteria; for example, Modified Dates, Publish Status, LiveCopy Status.
The search criteria can vary:
- Depending on the resource type you have selected; for example, the Assets and Communities criteria are understandably specialized.
- Your instance as the Search Forms can be customized (appropriate to the location within AEM).
Search criteria are persisted when selecting an item in the search results.
When you select an item on the search results page, when returning to the search page after using the browser back button, the search criteria remain.
As well as searching by a wide range of facets you can also save a particular search configuration for retrieval and use at a later stage:
Saved searches can be modified by selecting the saved search and clicking Edit Saved Search at the bottom of the search panel.