System requirements for exporting prototypes and design specs are same as of Adobe XD desktop. For more information, see System requirements.
- To host the exported artifacts, an HTTP, or HTTPS server has to be set up.
- Designers and stakeholders need permissions to access the HTTP server and the folder containing the exported artifacts.
To set up the HTTP server and the shared location, contact the IT administrator. To install node server, follow the instructions at https://nodejs.org/en/download/package-manager.
To enable prototype and design specs export, IT administrators have to block access to XD Publish services on the Adobe Admin Console using any of the following methods:
- Toggle off XD Publish services in the Configuration Settings window of the XD product profile. For more information, see Enable/disable services for a product profile.
- Restrict sharing of assets using No public link sharing or Sharing only to domain users option at the organization level in the Asset Settings window. For more information, see Asset Settings.
- Assign 0 GB of storage space for the XD product profile. By doing so, Publish Services turns off automatically. For more information, see Manage products and profiles.
Adhere to the prerequisites in this article, and follow these steps to export and share the artifacts:
- Creating private links or password-protected links. (IT administrators can define the security requirements for sharing using existing controls).
- Updating the existing published prototypes or design specs. Users have to re-export a new prototype or design specs.
- Collaboration capabilities, such as commenting.
- Reporting abuse on the prototype or design specs.
- Playing voice interactions on prototypes.
Designers can still create voice-enabled prototypes, but voice may not play in the shared link.
Prototype and design specs export workflow will be continually updated. However, compared to the XD Creative Cloud workflow, there are chances for delay in the new design and prototyping capabilities or for any new features to surface in this workflow. Any such disparity between XD Creative Cloud workflow and XD prototype and design specs export workflow will be updated in this article.
- Stakeholders do not have permission to access the shared location.
- Exported files are not placed in a shared location or deployed on an HTTP server: Stakeholders cannot access the files if the designers do not place the exported artifacts in a location accessible to the stakeholders or deploy them on an HTTP or HTTPS server.
Ensure to include the root folders when files are deployed on the server.
- Deployed files are deleted from the server: If the files deployed on the server are deleted, ensure to redeploy them.
- Shared link is incorrect: Ensure that the link shared is in the format http://<ip>:<port>/<FolderName>/index.html. <FolderName> must be the same as the name of the folder to which the index.html file is exported.