Each time you launch Adobe Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements, the Home screen offers to you various auto-generated creations or Auto Creations. These creations range across photo collages, video collages, slideshows, and Candid Moments - all customized for you. Whether it's a birthday, Christmas, graduation ceremony, or a fun trip with friends, Elements puts together relevant photos and videos of an event and presents an Auto Creation for you.
You can choose to edit and save the Auto Creations in Adobe Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements. When you're happy with the Auto Creation, you can instantly share it on social media.
When you launch Adobe Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements, you can view the Home screen. On this screen, under Auto Creations, you can view auto-created photo collages, slideshows, video collages, Candid Moments, and events from your previous years.
You can click View All to access the entire list of Auto Creations in Elements. To delete an Auto Creation from the given list, click at the lower-left corner of the Auto Creation's thumbnail.
To browse through all the Auto Creations, you can use the number icons below the Auto Creation thumbnails to browse through the creations.
Elements uses your uploaded photos and videos to offer personalized creations based on your tags, keywords, album names, events, places, people, and location data.
- You can view Auto Creations based on the application that you have. For example, if you have only Photoshop Elements, you can view slideshows and photo collages. If you have only Adobe Premiere Elements, you will view video collages, Candid Moments, and slideshows. If you own both Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements, you will view all the previously mentioned Auto Creations.
- If you launch Adobe Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements using a shortcut, you cannot view the Home screen.
- The Home screen displays the previews of the Auto Creations. To view the desired Auto Creation, you need to open it.
- If you are a new user, ensure that you upload media (photos and videos) in Elements Organizer and relaunch the application. The more media that you upload, the more number of Auto Creations you can access on the Home screen.
- Older Auto Creations will be removed over time if you don't edit or save them.
Open an Auto Creation to edit, save, and share it. After you've launched either Adobe Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements, you can open a desired Auto Creation. On the Home screen, under the section Auto Creations, you can find the Auto Creations. Click Open on the desired Auto Creation to open it in its respective Elements application.
Depending on the type of Auto Creation, you can edit it in Photoshop Elements, Elements Organizer, or Adobe Premiere Elements. A photo collage opens in Photoshop Elements while a video collage or Candid Moment opens in Adobe Premiere Elements. Slideshows open in Elements Organizer.
After you open an Auto Creation, you can edit it. Depending on the type of the Auto Creation, you can edit it in Photoshop Elements, Elements Organizer, or Adobe Premiere Elements.
Refer to the following resources to learn more about how to edit the Auto Creations:
Once you've opened and edited an Auto Creation, you can save it. To save an Auto Creation, do the following:
- To save a photo collage in Photoshop Elements, click Save on the taskbar. Alternatively, you can select File > Save. By default, the Auto Creations are saved in the My Pictures folder. For more details on saving an Auto Creation in Photoshop Elements, see Save images.
- To save a video collage or Candid Moments in Adobe Premiere Elements, see Save a video project.
- To save a slideshow in Elements Organizer, click Save in the upper-right corner of the Slideshow window.
Auto Creations will be removed over time, if you don't save them. Open and save the desired Auto Creations to ensure that you don't lose them.
In Photoshop Elements, after you've opened and edited your Auto Creation, you can share it on your favorite social media sites.
To share a photo creation in Photoshop Elements, select Share in the upper-right corner of the Editor workspace. From the displayed drop-down list, select your desired option to share. To know more, see Share photos.
In Adobe Premiere Elements, once you've edited your Auto Creation, you can share it to your social media sites. To know how to share a video creation in Adobe Premiere Elements, see Share videos.
In Elements Organizer, once you've edited your Auto Creation, you can share it to Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, and more. To share an Auto creation in Elements Organizer, click Share on the taskbar and select your desired option from the drop-down list.
I'm unable to view Auto Creations on the Home screen. Why?
To view Auto Creations, it is recommended to let your system stay idle for the analysis to complete after you've closed Elements. Relaunch Elements after sometime and look for Auto Creations under the section Auto Creations on the Home screen.
If you are a new user, ensure that you import photos and videos in Elements Organizer and relaunch the application. The more media you upload, the more number of Auto Creations you can access on the Home screen.
To receive more accurate Auto Creations of your events, use relevant folder and album names, keywords, and tags in your photos and videos.
I'm unable to view older Auto Creations. Why?
I do not want to view Auto Creations. Can I disable it?
Yes, you can disable Auto Creations in the Home screen. However, already created Auto Creations, if any, continues to appear in the Home screen until you delete them.
To disable Auto Creations, open Elements Organizer and select Edit > Preferences > Media-Analysis. In the Preferences dialog box, deselect Generate Auto Creations and then click OK. The Auto Creations feature will then be turned off.