TouchUI Related Issues with touch enabled devices in AEM
Last updated on May 18, 2021 10:00:30 AM GMT | Also Applies to Communiqué 4
Common TouchUI related issues can occur when working with touch enabled devices. Most common devices can be running Windows10.
Some common usecases:
- Component not showing correctly.
- Some RTE hyperlinks may not be clickable.
- RTE component editing opens in Fullscreen mode.
- The Quick Publish pop up might not be seen or might flash the window very quickly.
- Not able to click the TouchUI editor menu items, including publish, roll out, create versions.
- When using RTE components some additional buttons within the RTE may seem like they disappear or cannot be clicked with the mouse.
- Cannot mouse click and navigate to a specific time frame on annotation with touch enabled devices but it works with touch by finger.
- Users will face unexpected behaviors while working in Chrome or FireFox.
- Type about:config in the browser URL window.
- In the Search type "dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled"
- If set to 0, set to 2.
In Google Chrome:
- Type chrome://flags in the browser URL window.
- Depending on the Chrome version search for "Enable touch events" or "Touch Events API".
- From the drop-down select Disabled.