Learn how to share albums, send photos to Facebook, and save photos in Lightroom CC.
What you'll need
What you learned: Share albums
- To share an album of photos, select the album in the Albums panel, right-click (or Control+click) and choose Share Album.
- Lightroom CC creates a URL (an online address) that you can share with others so they can view the shared album. Click Copy to copy that URL to your computer’s clipboard. Click Close.
- Share the URL in an email, a text, or a post. To paste the copied URL into your message, press Control+V (Windows) or Command+V (MacOS). Anyone with whom you share that URL can open it in a web browser to see the photos in your shared album.
- To view the web page your audience will see, right-click (Control+click) the shared album in the Albums panel and choose View on Web.
What you learned: Share to Facebook
- You can share a photo to Facebook from Lightroom CC.
- In Lightroom CC, select a photo in a grid or Filmstrip. Click the Share icon at the top right of the Lightroom CC workspace and choose Send to Facebook.
- Follow the prompts to authorize Lightroom CC to access your Facebook account.
- Return to Lightroom CC, where you have options to add a caption to the Facebook post and choose a Facebook album. Then click Share to complete the post from Lightroom CC to Facebook.
What you learned: Save a photo
- You can save a copy of a photo, with any edits you’ve applied, from Lightroom CC to your computer or external drive. This comes in handy when you want to attach a photo to an email or message, print the photo, or post it online to a destination not available in Lightroom CC’s Share menu.
- Select a photo and click the Share icon at the top right of the workspace. Choose Save To.
- In the Save window, choose the file type (JPEG or Original + Settings), the location to which to save, and the size of the saved photo.
- Then click Save.