Create a star
- Make sure no layers are selected in the timeline and choose the Star tool from the Toolbar.
- Adjust the Fill and Stroke options to set the fill and stroke colors and styles.
- Drag anywhere in the composition panel to create a star in the composition.
- Use keyboard commands while pressing the mouse button to adjust the appearance of the shape being drawn.
Tip: Press Option (MacOS) or Alt (Windows) as you click on the Shape, Fill or Stroke options in the Tool panel to cycle through the different options available for filling shapes or strokes.
To modify the shape drawn with the Star tool
- Drag to draw the initial shape and continue to press the mouse button.
- As you drag the mouse, press Command (Mac OS) or Control (Windows) to change the angle of the lines between the points.
- Press up and down arrows to add or subtract points from the shape.
Adjust shape layers with shape transform controls
- Click the arrow to the left of the shape name in the timeline to open its options.
- Note the Transform controls for each shape in addition to the Transform options of the shape layer.
Add duplicate shapes to the same shape layer
- Select the name of the shape to duplicate in the Contents section of the shape layer in the timeline and press Command+D (MacOS) or Control+D (Windows) to duplicate the shape.
- Adjust the individual shape transform controls to move or adjust the new duplicate shape.