Learn how to remove elements from a video clip using Content-Aware Fill.
Download a sample file to practice with. This sample file is an Adobe Stock asset you can use to practice what you learn in this tutorial. If you want to use the sample file beyond this tutorial, you can purchase a license on Adobe Stock. Check out the ReadMe file in the folder for the terms that apply to your use of this sample file.
What you learned: How to remove unwanted elements from a video clip using Content-Aware Fill
Mask out the pixels to remove
- Preview the video clip. Then stop playback, and position the current-time indicator to the start of the video clip.
- With the Pen tool, draw a mask around the object to be removed, and set the mask to None.
- Track the movement of the object using the mask tracker, and then set the mask to Subtract.
- Choose Window > Content-Aware Fill to open the Content-Aware Fill panel.
- Set Fill Method to Object, and set Range to Work Area.
- Click the Generate Fill Layer button to generate the fill.
- Deselect all layers, and press the Spacebar to play back the results.