TouchUI Related Issues with touch enabled devices in AEM
Common TouchUI related issues can occur when working with touch enabled devices. Most common devices can be running Windows10.
Some common usecases:
- Component not showing correctly.
- Some RTE hyperlinks may not be clickable.
- RTE component editing opens in Fullscreen mode.
- The Quick Publish pop up might not be seen or might flash the window very quickly.
- Not able to click the TouchUI editor menu items, including publish, roll out, create versions.
- When using RTE components some additional buttons within the RTE may seem like they disappear or cannot be clicked with the mouse.
- Cannot mouse click and navigate to a specific time frame on annotation with touch enabled devices but it works with touch by finger.
- Users will face unexpected behaviors while working in Chrome or FireFox.
- Type about:config in the browser URL window.
- In the Search type "dom.w3c_touch_events.enabled"
- If set to 0, set to 2.
In Google Chrome:
- Type chrome://flags in the browser URL window.
- Depending on the Chrome version search for "Enable touch events" or "Touch Events API".
- From the drop-down select Disabled.