Starting AEM 6.2 - what used to be called AEM Apps is called AEM Mobile.
- AEM Mobile On Demand Content Delivery connector
- Content creation and management (article management)
- Collection creation and management
- Banner creation and management
- App template patterns
- Push Notification deep linking
- App content personalization (Target integration)
- Import existing hybrid applications
- App managementIcon updates
- Icon updates
- Cloud service management
- AMS SDK configuration refresh
AEM Mobile is a merger of two Adobe products - Adobe Experience Manager Apps (AEM Apps) and Digital Product Solution (DPS). The former DPS On Demand (tenant cloud based services) are now known as the AEM Mobile On Demand Services.
New Features Details
AEM Mobile On Demand connector
The AEM Mobile On Demand connector enables the creation and management of content for AEM Mobile On Demand apps from within the AEM Mobile UI. With this feature you can connect an AEM Mobile authoring instance (on premise or Managed Services) to an AEM Mobile On Demand project. You can then:
- Create, edit articles leveraging the AEM authoring tools. This includes creating articles based on page templates, adding managed assets and uploading the articles to the AEM Mobile On Demand services
- Create and manage banners while leveraging AEM managed assets.
- Create and manage collections to organize your articles and banners.
App template patterns
Use app template patterns to create new applications based on existing apps. This allow you to create several "flavours" of apps and to reuse designs, navigation and other work created for one app for new apps. AEM Mobile 6.2 lets you easily create a new PhoneGap and AEM Mobile On Demand based mobile apps from an existing app templates. Enterprises with multiple app requirements can easily scale and offer consistent experience across various branded apps
Push notifications deep linking
Create push notifications that encourages app users to perform a desired call-to-action. Upon pressing this call-to-action button, users can get directed to a specific location within the app rather than simply loading up the app homepage. Personalize the experience by directing users to unique place within the app, based on past browsing or purchase behaviour.
App content personalization
Combine the authoring capabilities of AEM Mobile with the segmented personalization capabilities of Adobe Target to deliver personalized content to mobile applications. Use AEM Mobile's rich, wysiwyg authoring environment to create great PhoneGap based mobile experiences that are customized to the app user. AEM Mobile uses the Adobe Mobile Services SDK to deliver Target content to the mobile device.
Import existing hybrid applications
AEM Mobile 6.2 includes the ability to import an existing hybrid application (PhoneGap or Cordova based) directly into AEM Apps. The existing app does not need to be modified before its import into AEM Apps. Once imported, customers can use the AEM Apps features to manage the application. Customers can then choose to "AEMify" parts of their app to gain additional capabilities such as content authoring and over the air updates - thus increasing the value.
AEM Mobile 6.2 includes new features for the management of hybrid applications. This includes:
- Improved UI for the app Management tile neatly breaks down into different sections - Basic, Advanced and Screenshots for efficient app management. New functionality for “Details” tile enables marketers/business users to easily change icons for an app – a task that typically requires expensive and time consuming development effort
- The ability to upload or use existing images as icons for the mobile app. Managed icons are used when building the app and are included when the app source code is extracted
- New tiles for easier management of Cloud Services for hybrid mobile apps. This makes it easier than ever to manage Analytics, Target, PhoneGap Build and push notification services integrations
- Quickly refresh the Adobe Mobile Services (AMS) SDK settings in your managed hybrid apps to ensure Analytics are properly tracked and reported.