AEM Communities 6.3 was released with Communities package version 1.11.
Feature packs identified as version 1.12 provide AEM Communities 6.3 with early releases of features destined for AEM Communities 6.4 (version 1.13).
All version 1.12 feature packs are specifically for the AEM 6.3 platform and the most recent is recommended to be installed. Each feature pack includes the fixes and improvements released in the previous feature packs.
If not installing version 1.12, be aware that future releases of version 1.11 will be limited and only to address specific issues.
The AEM platform service and fix packs never include updates to Communities features.
Communities updates and fixes are made available only through Communities feature packs.
After installing an AEM platform service pack, it is not necessary to re-install a Communities feature pack.
The latest Communities features are those present in AEM 6.3 GA. No feature packs have been released.
Included in the AEM 6.3 GA release (26 Apr 2017) is
AEM 6.3 Communities provides :
- Enablement 2.0 : the enablement features no longer store reporting information in MySQL. The MySQL dependency is only there for tracking SCORM content. This change is also present in 6.2 FP3 and 6.1 FP7.
- We.Retail Community reference implementation
- account management with email-based verification (member registration, lost member id, reset member password, email address change from member profile)
- enhanced blogs for publish-side blogging and commenting
- ideation function allowing Community members to submit and to like the best ideas, then for Community moderators to review and assign a status
- enhanced QnAs for questions and best answer identification
- ability for Community moderators to pin calendar events, forum topics, and QnA questions
- ability for Community moderators to feature content in blogs, calendars, forums, ideation and QnA
- notification settings and email channel for notifications and subscriptions
- leaderboard component
- enhanced calendars for sharing community events
- enhanced following feature allowing immediate notifications on specific contributions or members
- support for moving forum topics and QnA questions from one page to another
- enhanced Adobe Analytics integration with built-in reporting dashboards
- Community Activity List component for exposing current trends to members
- enhanced community members and groups management
- enhanced enablement resources and learning paths management allowing creation, organization and publishing of enablement materials to community members (with SCORM support)
- catalog and assignments community functions allowing community members to view, comment on and evaluate enablement materials
- scoring and badges features for identifying and rewarding community members
- support for badge management and assignment of badges to Community members
- new community member role, privileged members, which restricts the ability to create content to a group of community members
More details are available on the AEM Communities release notes page.