This article has been authored and contributed by Rahul Bhatia, Advertising Cloud Consultant at Adobe.
Need help on Adobe Advertising Cloud? Join the Community
This article discusses using the bulk actions feature of Adobe Advertising Cloud Social mainly cloning of Facebook ad sets using which you can create or clone thousands of Facebook campaigns, ad sets and ads with just click of a few buttons and the Formulaic bid changes.
You can create new Facebook ad sets by cloning the settings from existing ad sets. You can optionally include clones of all of the ads in the existing ad sets, and either apply all of the existing labels to the ad sets/ads or change the labels.
There are 2 options to either clone the ad sets in the same campaign or create a new one. The new ad sets are created in the same campaigns as the existing ad sets, but you have the option to create new campaigns for them. When you clone the selected ads, they have the same settings as the existing ads, including the same ad group names, but naming conventions can further be tailored.
1. From the main menu, click Social > Campaign Management > Facebook, and then click the Ad Sets tab.
2. Filter out the list to include specific ad sets by selecting the check box that you want to clone.
3. As shown in the below toolbar screenshot, click Bulk Actions.
4. A Bulk Edit window will open, where you can choose the following:
a. Clone Ad Set/Campaign
b. Create new campaigns
c. Formulaic bid change
e. Change status
5. Follow these steps to clone or create new campaigns
a. Specify whether or not to change the status of the source campaigns: Do not change, Pause, Delete, or Activate.
b. Specify the status of the new campaigns: Pause, Delete, or Activate.
c. Specify the naming conventions for the new campaigns:
i. Append original name with “-clone” — To specify the naming conventions to be used for new or cloned ad sets/ ads.
ii. Append “Time/date stamp” — To append the time and date at which the new campaigns arecreated.
6. Creating or Choosing Labels
a. Add new label(s) - To create new labels to assign to the new ad sets, select the check box and then enter the new label names.
b. Add existing label(s) - To assign existing labels to the new ad sets, select the check box and then enter the existing label names.
c. Inherit labels from source adsets/campaigns - To remove inherited labels from the new ad sets, select the check box next to Remove label(s) and then enter the inherited label names to remove.
7. Preview or apply the changes
a. To immediately post the new ad sets and ads to Facebook, click apply.
b. If there will be any errors, they are visible under Social > Campaign Management by moving the slider on the upper right from Live to Staged.
c. To just preview and not to post the changes to Facebook, please click Preview. The staged view will be displayed.
d. When you are previewing unposted ad sets in the staged environment you can also do any of the following changes:
i. Edit the ad set settings or ad settings further if necessary.
ii. Post the ad sets or ads to the social network.
e. If any ad sets or ads under them cannot be posted, the" Post Status" column for that ad set or ad indicates the error.
Follow the same first 4 steps which we discussed above to access this option and then follow the below steps:
1. The currency, optimization goal and billing event will automatically be displayed for the selected ad sets.
2. Choose from the below two options
3. Enable Facebook Auto Bid – This option allows Facebook to set bids automatically. With
this option, the ad set budget must be at least 5 USD, and you won’t enter a bid. Facebook will bid as low as possible while making sure to spend the ad set budget in the specified time.
4. Action - If you will uncheck the auto bid functionality, action feature will be enabled and it can be used to increase or decrease the current bids for the selected ad sets by x% or x$ as defined by the user. Furthermore, you can also set threshold levels for bids or set all ad sets bids to a particular amount.
Using bulk actions feature of Advertising Cloud not only saves time when we have to create and push thousands of ad sets and ads, with settings which are similar or different, but also helps us in automating naming conventions to use for our campaigns, changing or adding new labels, updating the status of the campaigns and automating bids for thousands of ad sets and ads in one go, which otherwise would have taken 3 or 4x extra time in any other user interface such as the Power Editor.