Source patchers have three states: On, Off, Black/Silent. One patch is displayed for each video and audio track for the item in the Source monitor:
- When an item is in the On state, the corresponding track is included in an edit operation.
- When the track is in the Off state, edit changes are not reflected in the track.
- When the track is in the Black/Silent state, a gap appears on the track instead of placing the source material.
Single-click a source indicator to toggle between the On and Off states. Press the Alt key to toggle to the Black/Silent state. Press Alt + Shift to apply the operation to all source indicators of the same media type.
You can drag an assigned source track indicator and assign it to another track:
- If the source track indicator is disabled, dragging it enables the indicator.
- If the source track indicator is enabled already, dragging the indicator doesn't change its state.
- If the destination track has another source track indicator, the two indicators swap tracks.
You can drag source indicators of the same type (audio or video) simultaneously while maintaining the relative vertical spacing between the two. Press Shift while you click and then drag an assigned source track indicator:
- If you click an empty source track indicator, the closest indicator above moves down to the track. If there is no indicator above, the closest indicator below moves up to the track.
- If you press Alt/Opt while clicking an empty source track indicator, the closest indicator below moves up to the track. If there is no indicator below, the closest indicator above moves down to the track.
When there aren't enough tracks to display the source tracks, the last clip track contains a + icon in the source indicator column. If you click the icon, new tracks are added to match the source.