December 10th, 2013
Welcome to Flash Player 11.9 and AIR 3.9! In today's scheduled release, we've updated both Flash Player and AIR with important bug and security fixes. We hope you enjoy this release. If you encounter any issues please don't hesitate to post on our community forums or to our public bug database.
Flash Player - http://forums.adobe.com/community/flashplayer
Bug Database - https://bugbase.adobe.com
December 10th, 2013
-  [Win 8.1] - FileFilter instances are now correctly applied to FileReference.browse() and FileReferenceList.browse() in Internet Explorer 11
-  [Win 8.1] - Video Playback Controls are now displayed at the correct size on mlb.com
-  [Win 8.1] - [MSFT 199849] Resolves a problem where ExternalInterface.objectID was not set correctly when Flash Player was instantiated using only an tag.
-  [Win 8.1] - [MSFT 463497] Double-byte Characters can now be entered correctly in TextFields using Internet Explorer 11 in Modern Mode
-  [Win 8.x] - Resolves a printing issue when printing device text from Internet Explorer with Enhanced Protected Mode (EPM) enabled
-  [Win 8.1] - Resolves a 3D rendering issue when the device's Content Scale Factor is set to less than 1
-  [Chrome] - Resolves an issue where some 3D content would render only in the lower left corner of the screen on Windows
- [AIR] [Mac] [CCJK] - The IME will now be presented correctly after attempting to enter text in a read-only textfield
November 12th, 2013
-  [OSX] - App Updater Crashes on MacOS with Air 3.9
-  [iOS7] - Leftmost part of the text in spark TextArea and stageText get clipped when mulitline property is true.
-  [Android] [Captive Application] - orientationChange event handler fetches wrong stage.orientation values.
-  Sound now plays correctly in both channels on the Logitech G35/G930 Surround Sound headset
-  [EaseScreen] - Corrects redraw issue affecting applications that embed the ActiveX control, introduced in Flash Player 11.9.900.92
-  [Win 8.x] - Full-Screen Flash video now rescales correctly when switching between Portrait and Landscape modes multiple times
-  [Win 8.x] - Clicking on an embedded "Watch on Youtube" link no longer triggers the Internet Explorer pop-up blocker
-  [Win 8.1] - FileReference - Filtering by supported filetype now works as expected
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] - Apple segmented playlists containing i-frames no longer cause streams to pause in Trickplay mode
-  [Mac] - Content using enhanced license chaining now works as expected
October 8th, 2013
-  [Win7] - Corrects a problem introduced in 11.7.700.224 where Simple Chinese characters were displayed as a box or question mark on the AutoUpdate dialog
- [MSFT 3612555][Win 8] - High DPI Displays - Corrects an issue where some content was not scaling with zoom changes
- [MSFT 366785] [Win 8.1/IE11] - Corrects an issue where an initial button press was ignored
-  - Corrects an issue introduced in 11.8.800.94 where layout of the AutoUpdate notification dialog was incorrect in localized languages
-  - Corrects a problem introduced in 11.9.900.4 that only affected the beta, where HTTP Live Streams would not buffer after an Ad insertion
-  [HLS - Trickplay] - Corrects an issue where memory usage doubled with Trickplay mode enabled
-  [Windows] - Corrects an issue introduced in 11.7.700.164 where video was not rendering on some systems when using StageVideo with WMODE set to Window
- [Mozilla 902630] g1.globo.com hangs Flash Player
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] - HLS Streams created with Apple Media Segmenter now work as expected
-  - Resolved an issue introduced in Flash Player Beta 11.9.900.77 where exiting FullScreen mode during video playback on www.ted.com would cause a crash on Windows
-  [Win8] [Internet Explorer] - Resolved an issue where when zoomed in the browser >=150% , video controls on Youtube where rendered too large after exiting from FullScreen mode
-  [MSFT 84699][Win8] - The EPM notification bar now appears for embedded PDFs with Adobe Reader installed
- [MSFT 138222][Win8] - Metro/IE10 - Resolves an issue on High-DPI displays where controls are rendered too small on Youtube in FullScreen mode
-  [Win8 ARM] - Resolves an issue where 4096x4096 textures could not be rendered when the backbuffer is large
- [Chrome] - Copy To Screen performance in PPAPI has been significantly improved
- [Chrome] - Resolves an issue where video noise was encountered when moving between fullscreen and embedded mode during video playback www.vudu.com
- [HTTP Live Streaming] - Resolves an issue where AES encrypted video was skipping back and forth during playback.
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] [WebVTT] - An issue where captions would be delayed after returning from an ad have been resolved
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] [WebVTT] - Corrects an issue where the caption would wrap around the video display when the specific font was too large
-  [HTTP Live Streaming] [WebVTT] - Corrects an issue where large, non-default fonts would sometimes overlap
-  [Mac] [StageText] - Corrects an issue where when zooming multiple times on a Mac equipped with Retina display, text would not scale correctly when maximizing the window.
-  [StageVideo] - Corrects an issue where a few visible black frames could be seen during the transition between two MP4 video streams.
-  [Flash Pro] - Corrects an issue where Live Preview would hang when zooming very far (>200%) into content with filters applied
-  [AIR] [iOS7] - iOS7 requires 5 new icon sizes: 76px, 120px, 152px, 40px, 80px
-  [AIR] [Android] - Cannot load files asynchronously in StageWebView
-  [AIR] [iOS7] - on using sound.play app asks permission for accessing the Microphone even when microphone API is not used in the app.
-  [AIR] [iOS] - Creating too many FileStream objects will cause app to crash on iOS
-  [AIR] [Android] - 144x144 image size icon should be supported on Android
- Safe Mode in Safari 6.1 and higher
Safari 6.1 includes an updated version of Safari with Safe Mode, which implements new security restrictions on the operation of browser plug-ins. To the extent possible, we've adapted Flash Player to transparently handle these changes. A small number of behaviors will change in the context of Safe Mode and are explained in the Known Issues section below.
- Flash Player Mac .pkg Installation Support
Deploying Flash Player and keeping it up to date in enterprise environments is a critical task for system administrators worldwide. We’ve introduced a new .pkg installer format for our distribution partners to reduce their workload. Administrators can now deploy Flash Player for Mac using industry-standard management tools.
- Mobile Workers (concurrency) BETA - Android
Our hugely popular desktop feature, AIR Workers, is now making its debut on mobile! We have added support on Android devices so that you will be able to execute code in the background without interrupting your application’s main code. Your UI will remain responsive, enhancing the user experience. We haven’t forgotten about iOS! Look for news on iOS workers in an upcoming release (NOTE: this feature will undergo an extended beta period.)
- AIR Mobile Support for Background Execution in “Direct” Render Mode
AIR now supports background execution on iOS and Android when render mode is set to “direct”. This will allow your applications to perform tasks such as audio playback even when invisible to the user. Due to power and CPU considerations, we recommend reviewing our release notes for additional details and guidance.
In the past AIR on iOS and Android did not support background execution when render mode direct was set. Due to this restriction,Stage3D based apps were not able to execute background tasks like audio playback, location updates, network upload/download etc. iOS does not allow OpenGLES/rendering calls in the background. Applications which attempt to make OpenGL calls in the background are terminated by the iOS. Android does not restrict applications from either making OpenGLES in the background or other background task(like audio playback).
With this feature, we will now allow AIR mobile apps to execute in background when renderMode direct is set. AIR iOS runtime will throw an error if OpenGLES calls are made in background. However no error will be thrown on Android, as Android native apps are allowed to make OpenGLES calls in the background. It's recommended to not make rendering calls while your app is executing in the background as its important to utilize the mobile resources judiciously. The following is a list of Stage APIs which may throw the error 3768 - The Stage3D API may not be used during background execution. The swf version should be 22 and above.
- AIR Support for iOS7
- AIR Mac OS 10.9 Support
We have tested against the latest developer releases of OS X 10.9 and are making sure that your applications support the latest technologies such as “App Nap”.
- AIR XXHDPI (144 x 144) Icon Support for Android
With this feature we have added support for beautiful, high resolution icons on devices such as the Nexus 10.
- Instaback for Windows 8.1
The InstaBack feature essentially enables the “back navigation” without having to reload the previous page
- Tab Suspend for Windows 8.1
Independent Tab Suspension is a new feature in IE Windows 8.1 wherein tabs that are not in the immediate foreground of the Modern Browser will be suspended, unless the content in the background is playing an audio/video stream or is engaged in communication with other instances of Flash using the ActionScript LocalConnection
- Play To for Windows 8.1
Video streams to PlayTo certified devices. Once the NetStream object is properly initialized and starts playing some video, the user can swipe the charm, select play then a device, at this point the video stream should be re-routed to the selected device. Once the video stream is finished, the connection with the device will be closed.
|Flash Player Desktop (Win Internet Explorer)||11.9.900.170
|Flash Player Desktop (Win Other Browsers)||11.9.900.170
|Flash Player Desktop (Mac)||11.9.900.170
|Flash Player Desktop (Linux)||18.104.22.1682|
|Flash Player Enterprise 11.7 (Mac and Win)||11.7.700.257
|Flash Player Desktop (Win 8)||11.9.900.170
|Flash Player Desktop (Win 8.1)||11.9.900.170|
|Flash Player Desktop (Chrome)||11.9.900.170
|AIR Desktop (Win)||22.214.171.1240|
|AIR Desktop (Mac)||126.96.36.1990|
|AIR SDK & Compiler(Win)||188.8.131.520|
|AIR SDK & Compiler(Mac)||184.108.40.2060|
- AIR Badge Installs - AIR Badge Installer will not launch an installer when running Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details and workarounds on an Adobe website.
- Adobe Connect Plug-In Install - The Connect Plug-In Express Install will no longer work on Safari 7 in Safe Mode. Users will instead see a dialog with a link to more details on an Adobe website.
- Flash Player Global Settings - When a users launches the Global Settings menu from the Flash Player context menu on Safari 7 in Safe Mode, the user will be taken to the classic SWF-based preferences menu on an Adobe website, instead of the native Flash Player settings UI in the MacOS Control Panel.
- LocalConnection - When a LocalConnection is constructed from a SWF hosted in Safe Mode, it may only establish a connection with other SWFs also hosted in Safe Mode. If a LocalConnection is constructed from a tab with Safe Mode disabled, it will not be able to communicate with a SWF in a Safe Mode tab.
-  [iOS] - Sound gets stop on clicking Power button even when UIBackground tag value set to Audio in application.xml
-  [Windows 8.x] When printing in Vector mode on WIndows 8, device fonts will not print. Developers can work around this issue by setting printAsBitmap to true. Future releases of Flash Player will work to correct and improve this functionality
-  [Windows 8.x] Angry Birds renders black and flickers with 50% zoom level in full screen.
-  [Windows 8.x] The context menu doesn't work in modern mode
Authoring for Flash Player 11.9
To use the new Flash Player, you will need to target SWF version 22 by passing "-swf-version=22" as an extra compiler argument to the ASC 2.0 compiler. Detailed directions are below.
- Download the new playerglobal.swc for Flash Player 11.9
- Download and install Flash Builder 4.7 from Creative Cloud:
- Backup the existing AIR SDK if you need to restore it later then replace the bundled AIR SDK with the AIR 3.9 SDK. To do this, unzip the AIR 3.9 SDK to this location:
- MacOS: /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4.7/eclipse/plugins/com.adobe.flash.compiler_220.127.116.118297/AIRSDK
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64Bit)\eclipse\plugins\com.adobe.flash.compiler_18.104.22.1689722\AIRSDK\
- In Flash Builder, create a new project: File -> New -> project.
- Open the project Properties panel (right-click and chose 'Properties').
- Select ActionScriptCompiler from the list on the left.
- Add "-swf-version=22" to the 'Additional compiler arguments' field.
- This ensures the outputted SWF targets SWF version 22. If you compile on the command-line and not in Flash Builder, you need to add the same compiler argument.
- Ensure you have installed the new Flash Player 11.9 build in your browser.
Authoring for AIR 3.9 Update to the AIR 3.9 namespace
You must update your application descriptor file to the 3.9 namespace in order to access the new AIR 3.9 APIs and behavior. If your application does not require the new AIR 3.9 APIs and behavior, you are not required to update the namespace. However, we recommend all users start using the AIR 3.9 namespace even if you are not yet taking advantage of the new 3.9 capabilities. To update the namespace, change the xmlns attribute in your application descriptor to: <application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/3.9">
Found a bug? Please submit a bug to the Flash Player and Adobe AIR bug database.
Flash Player and AIR may leverage your graphics hardware to decode and play H.264 video. There may be video issues that can only be reproduced with your particular graphics hardware and driver. When reporting an issue involving video, it is essential to note your graphics hardware and driver, along with your operating system and browser (when using Flash Player), so that we can reproduce and investigate issues. Please be sure to include this information as described in Instructions for Reporting Video Playback Issues. Note: Due to the high volume of email we receive, we are unable to respond to every request.
Thank you for using Adobe® Flash Player® and AIR® and for taking the time to send us your feedback!
|Release Date||Runtime Version||Security Enhancements|
|November 12th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 11.9.900.152
Flash Player Desktop (Linux) 22.214.171.1247
Flash Player Enterprise (Mac & Win) 11.7.700.252
AIR (Win, Mac, iOS, & Android) 126.96.36.1990
|October 8th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac) 11.9.900.117
Flash Player Desktop (Linux)188.8.131.520
Flash Player Enterprise 11.7 (Mac and Win)11.7.700.242
AIR Desktop (Win & Mac) 184.108.40.2060
AIR Android 220.127.116.110
AIR SDK & Compiler(Win & Mac) 18.104.22.1680
AIR SDK(Win & Mac) 22.214.171.1240
|September 19th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Windows ActiveX): 11.8.800.175||-|
|September 13th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Windows ActiveX): 11.8.800.174||-|
|September 10th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Win & Mac): 11.8.800.168
Flash Player Desktop (Linux): 126.96.36.1990
Flash Player Android (ICS): 188.8.131.52
Flash Player Android (Pre-ICS): 184.108.40.206
Flash Player Desktop (Chrome): 11.8.800.170
Flash Player Enterprise 11.7 (Mac & Win): 11.7.700.242
AIR Runtime and SDK (All Platforms): 220.127.116.110
|August 29th, 2013||AIR Runtime & SDK 18.104.22.1680 (Win & Mac)||-|
|July 24th, 2013||AIR Runtime & SDK 22.214.171.1240 (Win)
AIR Runtime & SDK 126.96.36.1990 (Mac)
|July 9th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Win, Mac): 11.8.800.94
Flash Player for Win 8: 11.8.800.94
Flash Player for Chrome: 11.8.800.97
|June 11th, 2013||
Flash Player for Desktop(Mac): 117.700.225
|May 21st, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.7.700.203
Flash Player (Chrome): 11.7.700.203
|May 14th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.7.700.202
AIR Desktop, iOS, Android: 188.8.131.520
AIR SDK & Compiler: 184.108.40.2060
|April 9th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.7.700.169
Flash Player for Chrome: 11.7.700.179
AIR Desktop, iOS: 220.127.116.110
AIR Android: 18.104.22.1680
AIR SDK: 22.214.171.1240
AIR SDK & Compiler: 126.96.36.1990
|March 12th, 2013|| Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.6.602.280
AIR Windows, Mac, Android, iOS: 188.8.131.5290
AIR SDK: 184.108.40.20690
AIR SDK & Compiler: 220.127.116.1190
|February 26th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop (Windows, Mac): 11.6.602.171||APSB13-08|
|February 12th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows): 11.6.602.168
Flash Player for Desktop(Mac): 11.6.602.167
AIR Windows, Mac, Android, iOS: 18.104.22.1687
AIR SDK & Compiler: 22.214.171.1249
|February 7th, 2013||Flash Player for Desktop(Windows, Mac): 11.5.502.149||APSB13-04|
|January 8th, 2013||Flash Player Desktop (Windows,Mac): 11.5.502.146
AIR (Windows,Mac, Mobile): 126.96.36.1990
AIR SDK: 188.8.131.520
|December 11th, 2012||Flash Player Desktop Windows: 11.5.502.135
Flash Player Desktop Mac: 11.5.502.136
AIR Windows, Android: 184.108.40.2060
AIR Mac: 220.127.116.110
|November 6th, 2012||Flash Player Desktop (Windows, Mac): 11.5.502.110
AIR (Windows, Mac, Mobile): 18.104.22.1680
AIR SDK: 22.214.171.1240
|October 8th, 2012|| Flash Player Desktop (Windows, Mac): 11.4.402.287
AIR (Windows, Mac, Mobile): 126.96.36.19910
AIR SDK: 188.8.131.5210