Adobe Acrobat DC exports PDF files to fully editable Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents. Most importantly, you can export to these frequently used programs while retaining your layout and text flow. Easily share these documents with your editing teams to streamline your workflow across different devices and operating systems.
- Open your PDF in Acrobat DC.
- Either choose File > Export To or choose Tools > Export PDF.
- Choose any one of these formats: Microsoft Word (DOCX), Spreadsheet (XLSX or XML), Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT), Image (JPEG, TIFF, or PNG), HTML Web Page (HTML), or other formats, such as Rich Text Format (RTF), Encapsulated Postscript (EPS), or Text (TXT).
- Once the format is selected, click on the gear icon that appears and choose the export options that best fit your needs.
Click OK and save your document to the desired location. Check the Open on Export box to open the related program once the document is saved.
Exporting a PDF to other file formats helps save you time re-typing, or copying, pasting, and reformatting. However, understanding the Export Options to ensure your intended layout is preserved is just as important as knowing how to convert your PDF to a PowerPoint presentation.
- Retain Flowing Text: This option prioritizes the ability for text to wrap and flow seamlessly throughout the exported document.
- Retain Page Layout: Choose this option when you would like your newly-exported document to stay in the same layout as your PDF. This option may split the text into different text box groups to retain the original design.
- Include Comments: This option is useful when you have sent the document out for review, and others have provided feedback. All comments are kept with the file and exported as well.
- Include Images: You have the option to choose to export your document with or without images from your PDF. Exporting without images can be useful when you only need the text from the PDF.
- Recognize Text: Recognize text is useful when you are converting a scanned document. This option will walk you through the process of analyzing your file for content before saving it to the desired format.
These time-saving Export Options provide you with export flexibility and give you choices focused on your document needs.