Enhance Details is introduced in Adobe Camera Raw 11.2. Powered by Adobe Sensei, Enhance Details produces crisp detail, improved color rendering, more accurate renditions of edges, and fewer artifacts. Enhance Details is especially useful for making large prints, where fine details are more visible. This feature applies to raw mosaic files from cameras with Bayer sensors (Canon, Nikon, Sony, and others) and Fujifilm X-Trans sensors.
Your computer must meet the following minimum technical specifications to use Enhance Details:
- (Mac) macOS High Sierra (version 10.13) or later
- (Windows) Windows 10 October 2018 update (version 1809) or later. See the following Microsoft Support articles for details:
For GPU system requirements, see Considerations for GPU-accelerated features.
Enhance Details heavily uses the available GPU and can use an external GPU (eGPU) if available.
You can skip the Enhance Details preview dialog box by holding down the Option (macOS)/Alt (Win) key when you select the Enhance Details pop-up menu option.
You can use the Enhance Details feature on multiple images. To do this, select multiple supported images and click the () icon in the Filmstrip and select Enhance Details.
You cannot see the Enhance Details preview dialog box when you select multiple images for batch processing.
Enhance Details does not apply to the following types of source images:
- Non-raw files such as a JPEGs, TIFFs, and HEICs
- Linear DNGs (including HDR and pano DNG images previously created inside Lightroom and Camera Raw)
- DNG proxies and Smart Previews
- Monochrome raw files (such as Leica M MONOCHROM)
- Four-color cameras
- Foveon sensor images
- Fujifilm cameras with SR, EXR, or 2x4 mosaic sensors.
- Canon S-RAW/M-RAW files
- Nikon small raw files
- Pentax Pixel Shift Resolution (PSR) files
- Sony ARQ files