After Mac OS is upgraded to Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Photoshop Elements 11/12 Editor stops responding when you use editing tools like brush, move, or eraser using the trackpad. Additionally, you might observe keyboard shortcuts functioning slower than usual.
|Applicable OS version||Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)|
|Applicable product versions||Photoshop Elements 11 and Photoshop Elements 12
Update your Mac to Yosemite 10.10.1.
Important: After updating to OS X version 10.10.1, remove any workaround plugin you may have installed earlier.
Install a plug-in that works around the issue. Follow these steps:
Important consideration: If you're using a stylus in conjunction with a trackpad, after installing the plug-in, you might observe issues with the trackpad. As a workaround, use the mouse instead of the trackpad.
- Close Photoshop Elements.
- Download this Zip file to a location on your computer.
- Extract the contents of the Zip file.
- Move WhiteWindowWorkaround.plugin to the following folder:
//Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 12/Support Files/Plug-Ins/
//Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 11/Support Files/Plug-Ins/
- Verify that the plug-in has installed correctly. To do so, launch Photoshop Elements Editor and select Help > System Info. Scroll to the bottom of the text in the dialog and look for WhiteWindowWorkaround.plugin.