|Applicable OS version||Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)|
|Applicable product versions||Photoshop Elements 11 and Photoshop Elements 12
After Mac OS is upgraded to Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), Photoshop Elements 11/12 Editor stops responding when you use editing tools like brush, move, or eraser using the trackpad. Additionally, you might observe keyboard shortcuts functioning slower than usual.
Update your Mac to Yosemite 10.10.1.
Important: After updating to OS X version 10.10.1, remove any workaround plugin you may have installed earlier.
Install a plug-in that works around the issue. Follow these steps:
Important consideration: If you're using a stylus in conjunction with a trackpad, after installing the plug-in, you might observe issues with the trackpad. As a workaround, use the mouse instead of the trackpad.
- Close Photoshop Elements.
- Download this Zip file to a location on your computer.
- Extract the contents of the Zip file.
- Move WhiteWindowWorkaround.plugin to the following folder:
//Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 12/Support Files/Plug-Ins/
//Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 11/Support Files/Plug-Ins/
- Verify that the plug-in has installed correctly. To do so, launch Photoshop Elements Editor and select Help > System Info. Scroll to the bottom of the text in the dialog and look for WhiteWindowWorkaround.plugin.