Sometimes an average photo can be greatly improved by replacing a drab background with a dramatic one. It’s easy to swap skies or other background elements using the Select and Mask tool and layers in Adobe Photoshop.
- In Photoshop, open the foreground and background image.
- On your foreground image, select the Select and Mask from the Select menu.
- Use different selection tools to paint over the image you’d like to keep. You may change the View mode to On Black to see which areas need more attention.
- To change the background, copy the background image and paste it on the foreground. Resize and/or drag the background image to reposition.
- In the Layers panel, drag the background layer below the foreground image layer.