Photoshop CC (2014) crashes when you quit. You were working with Styles, Brushes, Patterns, or Tool presets.
- In Photoshop, choose Edit > Presets > Preset Manager.
- Choose a type of preset, such as Brushes.
- Click one of the presets and click the Save Set button.
- Name your set and click Save.
It's best to save your presets in the default locations:
- Mac OS: Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/Presets/
- Windows: Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Presets\
After a fix is released for this issue, return to Preset Manager, select Load, and select your saved presets.
- In Photoshop, open Sync Settings:
- Mac OS: Choose Photoshop > Preferences > Sync Settings.
- Windows: Choose Edit > Preferences > Sync Settings.
- In Sync Settings, choose Custom from the What To Sync pop-up menu in Advanced Settings.
- Deselect Brushes, Patterns, Styles, and Tool presets.
If previously used presets contain this issue, syncing them can reenable the issue.
After a fix is released, reselect Brushes, Patterns, Styles, and Tool Presets in Sync Settings.
After performing the steps above, don't migrate your settings from earlier versions, as it can reintroduce the presets that trigger this issue.
If you still run into repeated crashes when quitting the application after doing the above steps, post the crash log to the User To User forum (forums.adobe.com > Photoshop) under a title, 'OSX Crash on quit: mutex_lock'.