Learn about alpha channels and how to apply Alpha Matte using track mattes.
This sample file contains Adobe Stock assets you can use to practice what you learn in this tutorial. If you want to use the sample file beyond this tutorial, you can purchase licenses on Adobe Stock. Check out the ReadMe file in the folder for the terms that apply to your use of this sample file.
What you learned: Fill text with video using an Alpha Matte track matte
Create transparency on one layer based on the alpha channel from another layer
- In the Timeline panel, stack the layer to determine transparency directly on top of the layer to be the fill.
- Toggle the Switches And Modes button to reveal the modes and to hide the switches in the Timeline panel.
- Change the Track Matte switch for the fill layer to Alpha Matte.
Make the filled text pop off the background
- Place a duplicate of the background video layer on the bottom of the layer stack.
- Apply and adjust the Fast Box Blur effect to the fill layer so that the video in the text is blurry.
- Right-click the fill layer, add the Inner Shadow and Outer Glow layer styles, and adjust as desired.