The default implementation of tables in HTML5 Forms uses HTML DIV elements to render a table. Rendering involves using ARIA roles to satisfy the accessibility requirements.
To avoid accessibility issues with screen-readers which do not fully support the ARIA-roles used with data-tables, HTML5 Forms provides an alternate rendition for the tables. These tables are based on the new table format introduced in Designer which also supports:
- Row Headers
To create a row span, select consecutive cells of a table in the same column, right-click on the selection, and then click Merge Cells.
Note: Creating a row-span works for leftmost cells only.
To mark a row as row header, select all cells in the row, right-click on the selection, and then click Mark Header.
To mark a cell as column header, select any cell in the column, right-click on the selection, and then click Mark Header.
- Lack of support for grow-able fields if rowspan is used in the table
- No support for nested tables (tables within table cells)
- Support for rowspan is limited to the header rows and header cells
- Support is limited to regular tables
- No support for data prefills in tables with rowspan > 1