URLs with encoded slashes do not work in AEM
In AEM 6.2, you are unable to create a project through the New Project wizard. It returns an unspecified error when selecting a project and clicking Next. This only occurs via dispatcher and works fine in any other version of AEM.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Go to the projects screen in the touch UI (http://host:port/projects.html/content/projects)
- Click the blue Create button on the top right side of the screen and select Create Project
- Select the Translation Project
- Click the blue Next button on the top right side of the screen
- The error occurs: Error. Something went wrong.
The special characters in the URL are "double escaped" and causing the 404 error.
This has been fixed in 6.3, however, there is no separate fix available for 6.2. As a workaround, configure Apache to allow encoded slashes in URLs, use the following directive:
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName www.geometrixx-outdoors.com AllowEncodedSlashes On <Directory /> <IfModule disp_apache2.c> SetHandler dispatcher-handler </IfModule> Options FollowSymLinks AllowOverride None </Directory> </VirtualHost>