Adobe recommends that you have the following hot fixes or feature packs for CQ 5.4 (author and publish).
Install them in the following order (based on dependencies and creation/wrapped timestamp of the packages):
- Hot fix 39881: Resolves an Apache Sling Installer issue. It is not on Package Share. (It is attached below. This ZIP file contains a bundle to install via Apache Felix console and a package to install with Package Manager.)
- Feature Pack 34789: Improves overall page rendering time
- Hot fix 37521: XSS in default HtmlResponse (sling.API)
- Hot fix 38166: XSS in /content/geometrixx_mobile/en/products.touch.html
- Public Security Update: ("Security Update for CQ 5.4"), available in public section on Package Share public
- Public Security Update (hot fix 41690), available in public section on Package Share public
- Public Security Update (hot fix 42632), available in public section on Package Share public
- Hot fix 41135-CUMULATIVE: resolves multiple replication issues
- Hot fix 41136: resolves multiple MSM issues
- Hot fix 2834: latest replication hot fix
- Hot fix 8364: Java deserialization issues mitigation agent
Also, check the recommendations for tuning CRX here.
Open a Daycare ticket to have access to the non-public hot fixes.