What you learned: Match colors and position visual elements
Choose visuals that work together
For a natural-looking composition, choose content with similar colors, themes, and camera angles.
Some content may already have transparent areas
- Check if clips have transparent areas by enabling the Transparency Grid in the Source Monitor Settings menu.
Apply the Ultra Key effect
- Apply the Ultra Key effect to greenscreen clips in your sequence to define transparent areas.
- Use the Key Color eyedropper to select the background color that you want to make transparent.
Match clip colors
Use the Lumetri Color panel to adjust colors until all clips appear to have the same lighting conditions and suitable matching colors.
- Switch to Comparison View in the Program Monitor by clicking the Comparison View button.
- Choose a reference frame to match other clips to. Ideally, choose a frame with skin tones.
- Click the Apply Match button in the Color Wheels & Match section of the Lumetri Color panel to adjust clip colors, then manually adjust as required.
Position clips carefully to create a natural looking composition
- Use clip Position and Scale controls in the Effect Controls panel to give clips natural positioning in the composition.
Review and adjust colors
- With clips in position, review and adjust colors as required using controls in the Lumetri Color panel.
Tip: Review your composition in motion, by playing the sequence, to ensure color adjustments and clip positioning are correct from beginning to end.