This Guided Edit is a quick tutorial on video-editing via Adobe Premiere Elements. You can quickly perform basic edits by following the sequence this guided edit walks you through.
You can perform the following tasks quickly by using this guided edit:
- Adding clips to your video
- Splitting a clip
- Trimming a clip
- Publish your finished video
To enhance your video clips using this Guided edit, follow these steps:
You can trim the clip to remove footage that is not required in the video clip from the beginning or the end. To trim the clip, follow these steps:
- Click the video clip you want to trim.
- Click the right edge of your video clip and drag it to the left to remove the end of your video clip. Click the left edge of your clip and drag it to the right to remove the beginning of your video clip.
- The preview of the clip in the timeline changes to reflect the trimming done on the original video clip.
To make the changeover between two video clips less abrupt and gradual, you can add a transition. To add a transition, follow these steps:
- Click Transitions on action bar. The transitions options are displayed in the transitions panel.
- Drag-and-drop the desired transition between the two video clips to create the effect.
- In the Transitions Adjustments panel, set the duration and alignment to fine-tune the transition.
You can adjust transition settings later as well. Double-click the transition icon on the timeline to change these settings.