This technical integration guide is intended for Adobe Consultants, Adobe Partners, and other experienced implementation specialists. Configuring this integration requires a full understanding of the implementation process for each individual solution covered in this guide.
A server-to-server call from Target to Analytics sends the campaign and experience information to Analytics. The visitor ID service is used to track the visitor across both the Target and Analytics platforms. This results in a much better uniformity of data between the two solutions.
See https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/a4t/c_before_implement.html for a comprehensive list of pre-requisites.
- Adobe Analytics Standard fully provisioned
- Adobe Analytics implementation (H.27+ or AppMeasurement 1.7.0+)
- Adobe Target (Standard or Premium) fully provisioned
- Adobe Target implementation (mbox 61 or at.js:0.9.1)
- Marketing Cloud Visitor ID Service: visitorAPI.js: 1.8.0
With the help of the installation provisioning phase, the implementation specialist provides access and installs the solutions in the client's platform.
The first step you need to take is to request the provisioning of A4T, if it has not been done previously. In order to do that, you need to navigate to http://adobe.com/go/audiences and fill in the request. You need to select the following in the form:
In order to see the full A4T integration, you need the following:
- Marketing Cloud:
- A user that can access both Target and Analytics
- A similar user in Analytics and Target
- Be part of a group with access to the report suites in which you want to show the reports
- Be part of the Web Services Access group
- Regular user with access to Target
Note: Although there are three users, all these three are linked and are considered as a single use
A quick check can be done to make sure the data is being captured. Go to any page where the code has been deployed and launch the Digital Pulse Debugger. You should see an additional parameter in both the mbox and Analytics call, as highlighted below. This additional parameter should have the same value on both calls:
This is precisely the objective of performing the integration in order to be be able to see the reports in the Reports & Analytics column. In this tool, you should be able to see this menu:
Click on "Target Activities" to get the list of activities that have been set up in Target and Analytics is being used for reporting.
- You need to log in via the Marketing Cloud to get the Lift and Confidence metrics; if you cannot see them, it might mean that you do not have permissions or you have logged in directly to Analytics via omniture.com.
- Sometimes, other metrics will show by default and not Lift and Confidence. You need to deselect these other metrics and add unique visitors.