When you launch a CS2 application, do you get an "Activation server unavailable" error message? Due to a technical issue, Adobe has disabled the activation server for CS2 applications, including Acrobat 7 and Audition 3. (For a complete list of affected applications, see this forum discussion.)
CS3 or Acrobat 8
Getting an activation or connection error in a CS3 or Acrobat 8 application? See Activation or connection error | CS3, Acrobat 8.
CS2 applications require activation to run. To run a CS2 application, uninstall your existing CS2 application and install a special version that does not require activation. You cannot reinstall from your original discs.
Adobe no longer supports CS2 applications, which were released in 2005. Adobe strongly advises against running unsupported and outdated software.
1. Uninstall existing CS2 applications.
If you have CS2, CS2 applications, Acrobat 7, or Audition 3 installed on your computer, uninstall them.
Note: If you installed CS2, make sure to uninstall all applications in the suite.
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs. Select the CS2 applications you want to uninstall and click Remove.
- Drag the application folders to the Trash. Search your hard disk for additional CS2 components and delete them. For example, for Photoshop CS2, the components are in the following locations:
- Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS2
- Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings
- Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop CS2 Path
2. Download and install CS2 applications.
You can use the serial numbers provided as a part of the download only if you legitimately purchased CS2, CS2 applications, Acrobat 7, or Audition 3.
Sign in using your Adobe ID (usually your email address) and password. If you don't have an Adobe ID, click Get an Adobe ID.
Need help with your Adobe ID? See the Adobe ID, sign-in, and account help.
I'm having problems downloading or extracting.
- Try downloading again with a different web browser.
- Try extracting the files again.
- If you are receiving a message to insert disc two, follow these extraction instructions:
In the English version of the software, the file CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2 extracts to C:\Creative Suite\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\. CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1 and CreativeSuiteCS2Disc3 both extract to C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\.
Copy the contents of the C:\Creative Suite\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\ folder to the C:\Creative Suite CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\ folder, and you will no longer be prompted to insert disc two.
I'm having problems installing.
- Make sure that you are using the serial number provided with the download (not your original CS2 serial number).
I'm looking for plug-ins or templates.
I'm still having trouble.
Search the Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up forum for answers. If necessary, create a thread in the forum and include the following information:
- Which application are you trying to install?
- What operating system are you using?
- Was the application previously installed on your computer?
- What error messages do you receive?