The Screens Projects console is available by selecting the Adobe Experience Manager link (top left) and then Screens.
Alternatively, you can go directly to: http://localhost:4502/screens.html/content/screens
The Screens project is the top node of your project. Different projects could be differents brands, deployments, customers, and so on.
You can also use the cursor keys to navigate through different folders in AEM. Additionally, once you select a particular entity, hit spacebar to edit or view properties for that specific folder.
Follow the steps below to create a new Screens project:
- Select Screens from the AEM dashboard.
- Click Create --> Create Project and Create Screens Project wizard will open.
- Select the Screens template and click Next.
- Enter the properties (Title and Name) as required and click Create.
By default, the initial structure will contain the Applications, Channels, Devices and Locations master pages, but this can be manually adjusted if needed.
The project is created and it brings you back to the Screens Project console. You can now select your project.
In a project, there are four kind of folders, as shown in the figure below:
Once you create the Screens project, click Properties on the action bar to edit properties of an exiting Screens project.
You can also create your own custom folder namely Applications, Locations, Channels, and Device in your project.
To create a custom folder:
- select your project and click on Create next to plus icon in the action bar.
- The Create wizard opens and select the appropriate option.
- Click Next.
- Enter the properties and click Create.
The following steps show the creation of an applications folder to your project.
Once you have created your own project, see Channel Management to create and manage content in your channel.
Additionally, you can create your own application, location, or device.
See the following resources for more information:
- Application Management
- Locations Management
- Device Management