While you can access thousands of fonts directly from the app, you can also bring your own fonts in Fresco on the iPad. The font is added to your Creative Cloud library and is then available across Creative Cloud apps.
To add your own font, do the following:
1. Select the text and tap Properties panel in the taskbar. In the Text section, tap the arrow next to the Font drop-down to view the fonts list.
2. In the Fonts list, under Your fonts section, tap the '+' icon and then tap Add more.
3. Browse through your font files saved on your iPad. After you select the fonts you want to add, tap Done.
A dialog appears to indicate that the font files you selected are ready for upload. Select the check box to confirm that you have all necessary rights and licenses to allow upload, storage, and access of these fonts for your own use in Creative Cloud.
4. Tap Add to start uploading the font files.
5. After the fonts are validated and uploaded, you can view them in Fresco's font list and Creative Cloud font library. Your fonts are now available for use in other Adobe Creative Cloud apps on desktop and mobile.
When you add a font from the Creative Cloud desktop app, you can manage the fonts through Fonts > Manage fonts option available in the sidebar. However, manage fonts feature is not yet available in the Creative Cloud mobile app.
To view the fonts that you added recently, do one of the following:
- Go to the Recent section in the Font browsing panel. All recently added fonts are displayed.
- In the Your fonts section, tap '+' and choose View added fonts.
If you open a cloud document that contains fonts not currently available on your device, Fresco automatically activates Adobe Fonts in the background and substitutes the missing font with the nearest matching one. See also: Resolve missing fonts in desktop applications.