Onboarding a new employee is a straight forward, two-phase process:
- Configure the employee in SAP SuccessFactors
- Sign the employment documents
Your internal processes and custom configuration of SuccessFactors govern the first stage. This part of the document may differ in your actual internal process.
The signature portion of the process is governed by Adobe Sign, and is subject to less customization in the SuccessFactors environment.
1. Log into your SAP SuccessFactors instance
6. Wait for the new hire to complete their personal details.
- The new hire receives an email to complete filling in their information. Clicking Next opens the form for them to complete.
7. When the new hire is done verifying their personal details, review the attached documents that were generated for the new hire
The Adobe Sign app opens:
10. Click the Send tab and select the new hire from the drop-down list of employees
The Send page opens with the new hire's email added as the first recipient:
11. Click the Add Files link and attach the PDFs that you downloaded in step 8
12. Configure any other parameters that your internal process demands (counter signers, reminders, etc.)
13. When complete, click Send
- A confirmation page appears, indicating the agreement has been successfully created and sent
Click the Manage tab to review the documents sent, and the current status of the agreements.
The list can be filtered using the drop-down boxes at the bottom of the list.
Filtering can be done on Status, People, and Modified (date).
After sending the agreement, the new hire is sent an email with a link that opens the signable documents.
After applying their signature, the employee can access their signed documents at any time from their profile.