The author environment of AEM provides various mechanisms for searching for content, dependent on the resource type.
With the search rail you can:
- Search for a specific keyword, path or tag.
- Filter according to resource specific criteria, such as modified dates, page status, file size, etc.
- Define and use a saved search - based on the above criteria.
Search can also be invoked by using the hotkey / (forward slash) whenever the search rail is visible.
If you want to drill down further, select the Rail symbol (top left) to open the side panel Filters & Options.
The side panel allows you to select:
- Saved Searches
- Search Directory
- Search Criteria; for example, Modified Dates, Publish Status, LiveCopy Status.
The search criteria can vary:
- Depending on the resource type you have selected; for example, the Assets and Communities criteria are understandably specialized.
- Your instance as the Search Forms can be customized (appropriate to the location within AEM).
As well as searching by a wide range of facets you can also save a particular search configuration for retrieval and use at a later stage:
Saved searches can be modified by selecting the saved search and clicking Edit Saved Search at the bottom of the search panel.