As of November 2015, Edge Animate is no longer being actively developed. Learn more.
Edge Animate lets web designers create interactive HTML animations for web, digital publishing, rich media advertising and more, reaching both desktop and mobile with ease.
Edge Animate CC is ideal for web and interactive designers who want to energize their content for web with motion and interactivity.
Edge Animate is no longer being actively developed. To integrate the capabilities of Edge Animate with existing workflows and tools in Creative Cloud, Adobe has come up with Animate CC.
Animate CC is now the flagship vector animation tool, which supports HTML5 Canvas and WebGL, while continuing to support Flash formats. Animate CC can also output to any format, such as SVG, with an extensible architecture.
Edge Animate CC has built-in lessons to help you get started.
You can also visit the Learning center for videos and tutorials.
Edge Animate CC features a WebKit-based design surface and an intuitive timeline. You can animate HTML elements such as text, images (including SVG format), and more by modifying their visual properties with the timeline.
You can create compositions from scratch in Edge Animate CC by using drawing and text tools and imported web graphics. You can also add motion to existing HTML documents.
Actions code created in Edge Animate CC can also be edited by accessing the project’s "edgeActions.js" file.
Yes. Edge Animate CC includes interactivity features such as looping, hyperlinks, and animation control.
No, Edge Animate does not support content creation with HTML5 canvas, but it can work with HTML that contains these tags.
Yes, the animated content created with Edge Animate CC is designed and tested to work reliably on iOS(iPhone and iPad) and most Android devices. The stage uses WebKit, which means animated content is created on a true browser surface for consistency on WebKit-enabled devices. Also, content produced with Edge Animate CC has been tested on popular desktop browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Internet Explorer 9. For older, non-HTML5 browsers such as Internet Explorer 6, 7, and 8, Edge Animate CC has a down-level stage to create fallback versions of your projects.
Performance of animations are based on a number of factors, so it is possible to create content with less than optimal performance.
Which product is right for me - Edge Animate CC or the Toolkit for CreateJS extension for Flash Professional? What are the differences between the two?
Edge Animate CC offers a unique combination of features and support for web-standards technology compared to its competitors:
- Edge Animate CC works natively with HTML to enable open collaborative workflows and the enhancement with motion of existing HTML pages.
- Content produced with Edge Animate CC can be seamlessly integrated into a web page created with Edge Code, Dreamweaver CC, or other web authoring tools.
- Edge Animate CC is designed with creative professionals in mind, taking our customers’ favorite functions and features from best-in-class products like After Effects and Flash Professional.
- Edge Animate CC features advanced interactive capabilities via the Edge Animate CC API.
- Edge Animate CC allows you to use the symbols feature to add nested animations with independent timelines..
- Edge Animate CC is available on both Mac OS and Windows.
Please visit the Edge Animate CC forums to provide feedback, request features, or report bugs.