Ensure that the Document Services category is available in the AEM Sidekick. If the category is not listed, perform the steps listed at Enabling forms portal components.
Specify the following:
- Link Caption: Link text or caption for the link.
- Link Tooltip: Tool tip for the link.
- Form Path: Repository path where the form is stored.
- Layout Template: Template used for layout of Link component.
- Render Type: The render format--PDF, HTML, or Auto. The Auto render type detects the user environment and accordingly renders the form as HTML or as PDF. For example, if the form is accessed from a mobile device, the Auto render type render the form in HTML.
- Submit URL: URL to the servlet where the form data is submitted.
- HTML Profile: Profile for rendering the form as HTML.
- Ensure that you select PDF as the render type if the path specified in Form Path points to a document which has PDF as its allowed render format.
- Submit URL for a form can be specified at several places and its order of precedence is as follows:
- Submit URL embedded in the form (in submit button) has the highest priority.
- Submit URL mentioned in Forms Manager has the medium priority.
- Submit URL mentioned in forms portal has the lowest priority.