What you'll need
What you learned: How the Graph Editor can create more dynamic movements for an animated layer
Why to use the Graph Editor
The Graph Editor allows you to adjust the speed of an animation between keyframes using its Speed Graph.
Change linear keyframes to Easy Ease
- Select linear keyframes in the timeline. Then Right-click or Control-click (MacOS) on any selected keyframe and choose Keyframe Assistant > Easy Ease.
Get ready to adjust the keyframes in the Graph Editor
- With the Easy Ease keyframes selected in the Timeline, click the Graph Editor button in the Timeline to open the Graph Editor.
- Make sure to choose “Edit Speed Graph” from the Graph Type And Options button at the bottom of the Graph Editor.
Adjust the Speed Graph
- Drag a selection box around the keyframes in the Graph Editor.
- Drag the direction handles that appear to change the speed of the object moving through the keyframes.
Preview the animation and adjust as needed
- Press the spacebar to begin playback of the animation.
- Drag the direction handles on the keyframes in the Speed Graph to fine-tune the speed changes.
Tip: Check the Info panel as the animation is previewing to know whether you are watching the preview in real time.